For some businesses, managing Covid-19 was a scramble. A company may have never considered work-from-home, but all of a sudden, it became a question of survival. We had already set up many Bowes IT clients for remote data access by way of VPN and cloud services, but phones were another issue.
VoIP is the perfect answer. Two, or more, employees at different locations can take calls, transfer calls between one another, and interact as though they are in the same office. From a callers’ point of view, it’s business as usual. Even if your office is entirely closed, someone is picking up the phone, and a caller can reach any employees’ extension.
We’ve used various Asterisk distros internally for years. Open Source has treated us well, but a commercial partner with active support is the key to bringing this service to our clients. We’ve partnered with a top tier VoIP PBX software vendor and a premium SIP trunk provider to provide either on-site or cloud phone systems.
With successful installations under our belts, we’re ready to roll the service out on a larger scale.
Our phone systems are:
- Way low cost compared to PSTN phone systems
- Crazy flexible
- Vendor and Bowes IT-supported
- Perfect for work-at-home, work-at-the office, or a combination of the two
- Compatible with stylish modern phones and headsets
And they have some awesome features:
- Voicemail, call display, ring groups, all the standard features
- Digital receptionists and advanced call flows
- iOS and Android apps let you take your extension with you
- Integrated instant messaging
- Microsoft 365 integration
- Auto phone provisioning
- CRM and business app Integration
- Web Conferencing
- Call queues, call reports, call recording
- Live chat & talk for websites
- Web interface — your extension anywhere
- Transfer your phone number, forward your phone number, or get a new phone number
- It doesn’t stop there
In the new world we’ve found ourselves in, nimble businesses will thrive. We just need to to think ahead.